Friday, October 30, 2015



Today I will not talk to you  about one person that I find interesting, I will speak you about many persons insert in a musical style: the grounge. The topic is very trite, for someone is a style very interesting, but others don´t like it.

My first memory about the topic is when I was 16 or 15 years old (adolescence), and I remember the first song that I heard was “Rap me” of Nirvana. For me was a sensorial revolution, because only heard music with a slow beat, with chord excessively harmonious. This song show me other form of to feel and live the music: it expressed rage, anger, with melancholy dyes. After of this discovery I transformed in a fanatic of this style of music. I started to listen others groups of the grounge style, like “Alice in Chains”, “Soundgarden”, “Mudhoney”, “Stone Temple Pilots”, etc.

About the grounge I don´t could to say nothing that everybody knows (born in Seattle, have influences from metal and punk, etc.) Just I want to say something interesting for me (sociologic interpretation/general information/some that I admire of the musician of this style). I have the impression that this style of music has that form of expresses the music, with a rage contents in some moments, in other with melancholic, even with dyes so gloomy, is consequence of the historic moment in where the musician of the grounge style was born. This persons were the first generation that confronted the decadence of the family how principal institution of the society. Is obvious that the family even is a very important institution, but product of de divorce in mass, friends, ascent of the identity phenomenon, an others factors, this institution lost the them central importance, and others things occupied this role. This problematic (principally with the mass use of the divorce) help to understand the letters or the tones of the grounge style (and other things, like the abuse of drugs or the suicides of some artists). For me, this factor influenced in the grounge style and marked to this generations of teenagers, that did not find explain for the situations that were living them and expressed it with rage, pain, sad, drugs and others things. I admire not only the music of this style, also I admire the courage of confront this situation and to express the emotions that would feel in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment